How can I prevent my children from scalding injuries?
To prevent scalds from hot liquids or foods:
- turn the handles of all cooking pots away from the reach of children
- keep hot foods and liquids in a safe place and out of children's reach
- do not let children turn on the hot water tap in a bath or shower by themselves
- keep the temperature of water heaters below a medium setting to prevent scalding if children turn on the hot water
- teach children not to play rough around people with hot drinks or in the kitchen when meals are being prepared
- never hold a child when having hot liquids or foods.