Why do young girls wish to end their lives?
Girls hitting puberty face many challenges and difficulties, especially when it comes to developing countries.
- They are often taken out of school and forced to devote themselves to domestic responsibilities. They are not given a choice, except to forget all other abilities or ambitions
- They are often no longer allowed to socialize outside their homes
- Sometimes they are no longer allowed out of the home at all
- They are sometimes forced to enter a married life
- They are not advised or taught properly about premarital sex, and are often taken advantage of. These girls then undergo underage pregnancies and have to face the whispers and bullying of their peers and society as it becomes revealed.